Back pain is one of the most common ailments that people suffer from. Eighty percent of the population has suffered from this condition at some point in their lives. Every year 100-200 billion USD are lost due to this condition.
There are several reasons for lower back pain. One of them is Sciatica. Sciatic pain usually occurs in one side of the body and extends from the lower back to the knees. People between the ages of 25-45 usually suffer from this condition. People suffering from this condition experience the following issues:
- Tingling sensation in their legs
- Burning pain in lower back
- Difficulty in standing
Reasons for Sciatica
A common reason why people suffer from this condition is radiculopathy. This condition occurs because of the herniation of the discs in your lower back. The herniated discs put pressure on the sciatic nerve, leading to inflammation or irritation.
There are other reasons because of which you suffer from sciatica. Some of these include:
- Irritation of the sciatic nerve due to nearby bones
- Irritation of the sciatic nerve due to muscles in the region
- Sitting on a hard surface
You can prevent this condition by maintaining a good posture and staying fit. Treatment methods like Acupuncture are quite effective for treating this problem.
Treatment of sciatica through acupuncture
Acupuncture is an ancient method of treatment, which revolves around your body’s natural healing abilities to treat pain in a particular area. Acupuncture treatment for sciatica involves insertion of needles in specific regions of your body.
The idea is to generate a response from the nervous system. Your brain releases hormones like endorphins and encephalin. These hormones are natural painkillers.
Inserting the needles also frees up tensed muscles and helps improve the flow of blood in the affected area.
Acupuncture pressure points for sciatic pain
There are certain pressure points in your body, which help improve the flow of blood in that particular region when stimulated. People can relieve sciatic pain through the stimulation of the following acupuncture pressure points:
- Jumping circle is a pressure point that is located between the right hipbone and coccyx. Applying pressure on this pressure point for a few seconds can alleviate the pain.
- Another pressure point that you can stimulate for relief from sciatic pain is the Yang Spring. It is located on the exterior of your right leg near the end of your knee. Apply pressure on this pressure point for a few seconds and release when you start feeling sore. Wait for a few minutes before repeating the process on your left leg.
Certain professionals also target the lower back to relax the muscles in that region and increase the flow of blood. If you are suffering from this kind of pain, get in touch with us.
We, at Acupuncture Center of Bradenton, offer acupuncture treatment in Bradenton. Apart from sciatica, we also help alleviate neck pains and treat conditions like arthritis through acupuncture. Contact us at 941-749-1807 to book an appointment.